Your generous tax deductible contribution to Benzie Area Christian Neighbors will help to support a whole and healthy community.
We welcome your gifts! Your contribution to Benzie Area Christian Neighbors will help support a whole and healthy community. We offer many programs to alleviate the effects of poverty and help families move toward self-sufficiency, including adult education, computer literacy, and utility assistance, as well as a food pantry and clothing center.
You can contribute on-line via PayPal or mail a check to Benzie Area Christian Neighbors, PO Box 93, Benzonia, MI 49616.
A gift contribution is a wonderful way to recognize an important individual or celebration. We will send written acknowledgements to that special person noted in your contribution. You will receive your tax deductible contribution receipt. A perfect gift idea for any occasion.
- In honor
- Anniversary or wedding celebrations
- Special holiday gifts
What does my gift provide?
- $10—A gas card to provide transportation to important appointments such as doctor and dentist visits
- $20—A bag of clothing
- $50—Four home weatherization kits, helping Neighbors save up to 25% on their winter heating bills
- $100—Six cases of canned tuna, or 160 pounds of fresh carrots or potatoes
- $250—One week of adult education at the BACN facility—GED training or general academic remediation by a certified teacher
- $500—Enough food for 25 families of four to eat for three entire days
- $1,000—Utilities—assisting with heat and/or for seven households
Help us provide for the basic needs of individuals and families living in our community by donating bedding, clothing, and other needed items. Click for details.
Please call ahead if you have a large donation to see if room is available in our sorting area.
We Need Your Help Communicating Changes!
Due to the loss of our recycling company, at present, we are now only able to accept donations of quality clothing, linens (sheets, towels, blankets) and basic kitchen items such as dishes, cutlery, pots and pans.
When donations are brought to us we will need to check that they meet the following criteria:
- Is the clothing appropriate for the current season?
- Is the fabric in good conditions? (looking for fabric not stained, faded, pilled or ripped)
- Is the garment in good repair? (not torn, missing buttons, etc.)
- Have the garments been washed and are ready to hang on racks? (We do not have the capability for washing or ironing)
Please be patient with us as we narrow our focus. BACN’s hallmark of service is dignity and respect, and for now, we only have the ability to accept clothing that our Neighbors will be able to wear with the same sense of pride as we do our own clothing, and basic kitchen needs.
Thank you for your understanding!