Work with a program described by the State of Michigan as an “Outstanding Volunteer Program”
Benzie Area Christian Neighbors seeking a Coordinator of Volunteer Services
Responsibilities include recruitment, scheduling, supervision and recognition of our volunteers to fulfill the organizational mission. Experience in Volunteer management desired, volunteer certification preferred or obtainable through employment. Candidate must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with an ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing. Proficiency in Microsoft office products and an ability to learn new software necessary. College degree preferred. Must possess a valid Michigan’s Driver’s license and evidence of current auto liability insurance. Ability to successfully complete a background screening. Submit a letter of interest and qualifications to email@example.com.
Volunteer Coordinator – 2016
Position Purpose: to recruit, train, supervise and retain a cadre of volunteers for the benefit of Benzie Area Christian Neighbors (BACN).
To identify, track and supervise a corps (cadre) of volunteers for the benefit of the organization.
- Supervise the Volunteer Program and its participants for BACN
- Keep current policies/procedures for all volunteer and capacity building positions
- Develop and institute a yearly volunteer evaluation
- Schedule volunteers for the needs of the organization
- Verify volunteer application information and conduct background checks for all volunteers.
- Perform orientation process, training and schedule hands on experience time for every volunteer prior to scheduling
- Manage all aspects of volunteer recognition events that include national volunteer week, the annual Volunteer appreciation dinner.
- Maintain volunteer information in accordance with BACN’s Standard Operating Procedures
- Utilize the CRM database to track volunteer hours, their personal information, interests, and availability.
- With the guidance of the Operations Director build an online sign in procedure for all volunteers which will utilize various communication tools.
- Maintain the volunteer handbook, policies and procedures and other documentation and legalities necessary for a model volunteer program
- Supply the volunteer needs and manage the logistics of 2 annual food drives, the fishing frenzy, the high school challenge food drive and other in-kind opportunities
- Cultivate the relationship with the area jail trustee program and other opportunities to utilize program or group volunteers.
- Identify volunteer opportunities within the organization; keep a current listing of those opportunities through the organizations social media outlets and outside venues
- Manage budget of the volunteer program and assist to secure funding.
- Conduct an overall Volunteer Program evaluation, prepare monthly reports as directed by the Executive Director
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing
- Experience in Volunteer management and certificate in volunteer management desired (for example: Council for Certification in Volunteer Administration)
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and experience with or ability to learn new software
- College degree preferred
- Must possess a valid Michigan’s Driver’s license and evidence of current auto liability insurance
- Part time nonexempt, 20-24 hours weekly, year around position
Forward letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org