PLANNING GRANT AWARD
MCAN has adopted the collective impact framework to help communities organize and initiate their local network. MCAN recommends that communities follow the recommended steps as presented in Charting the Course: A Community’s Guide for Increasing Educational Attainment Through the Lens of Collective Impact – Second Edition in order to be successful and to help position the LCAN to be competitive for future MCAN grant opportunities.
- Make the Case with Influential Champions
- Establish an Initial Backbone Support Infrastructure and Continuous Improvement Process
- Conduct a Landscape Scan and Create an Asset Map
- Gather Baseline Data
- Establish Common Agenda and Dashboard
- Formalize Backbone Support Infrastructure
- Align Existing Organizations to the Network
- Analyze Data to Select Priority Areas
Successful applicants will be expected to work toward, complete and submit the following Planning Grant deliverables during the tenure of their grant award.
- Signed Common Agenda
- Completed Asset Map
- Organizational Chart
- Staffing Plan (Position Description)
- Up-to-date Data Dashboard
- Identified Priority Areas for Action Planning
The LCAN is expected to:
- Cooperate with the monitoring and evaluation efforts of Michigan College Access Network and/or the State of Michigan;
- Notify MCAN staff of scheduled Leadership Team meetings;
- Arrange time for an MCAN staff member to conduct site visits during the grant year including attendance at leadership team meetings as appropriate;
- Share resources and best practices with MCAN and other grantees; and
- Send at least one (1) representative to the 2019 MCAN statewide conference. Visit www.micollegeaccess.org for conference information.
- Send at least one (1) network staff and at least two (2) Leadership Team representatives to the annual Maritime Academy August 13-15, 2018.
Planning Grant Facilitator
Working with the Leadership team, the planning grant facilitator will be responsible for the completion of the planning process and the grant deliverables. (Step one of the process has been completed.) S/He will lead monthly meetings of the Leadership Team, presenting findings and facilitating collaborative decision making as the LCAN identifies priority areas for action planning. On average, the facilitator will work 40 hours per month, knowing that some months will be heavier than others. The following is a time line for the completion of the grant:
|Planning Process Step||Anticipated Timeline|
|1) Make the Case with Influential Champions||October 2017 – January 2018|
|2) Establish an Initial Backbone Support Infrastructure and Continuous Support Infrastructure||May – June 2018|
|3) Conduct a Landscape Scan and Create an Asset Map||July – September 2018|
|4) Gather Baseline Data||August – September 2018|
|5) Establish Common Agenda and Dashboard||September – December 2018|
|6) Formalize Backbone Support Infrastructure||December – January 2018|
|7) Align Existing Organizations to the Network||January 2018 – March 2019|
|8) Analyze Data to Select Priority Areas||March – May 2019|
To apply for this position, email a cover letter and resume to Gerri VanAntwerp at firstname.lastname@example.org.