Volunteers are the heart of BACN and make our work possible. With a small staff of just five full-time and two part-time employees, volunteers are the secret to our success and enable us to serve more than 3,000 people annually.
Did you know that BACN volunteers report a very high level of satisfaction from volunteering? In a 2023 survey of active and inactive volunteers, volunteers rated their satisfaction at 4.75 on a 5-point scale.
Many of our volunteers have helped our Neighbors for more than 10 years!
BACN currently has more than 120 active volunteers who serve Neighbors in multiple ways:
- Direct Service to Neighbors: Receptionist, Intake Coordinator, Food Pantry, Clothing Center, Truck Unloading, Donation Door, and Saturday Donations
- Organizational Leadership: Board of Directors, Standing Committees, and Task Groups
- Community Outreach: Food Drives, Communications, Special Events, and Blessings in a Backpack
- Professional and Skilled Support: Human Resources, Policy, Strategic Planning, Administrative, Technology, Fundraising, and Grant Writing
- Community Partners: Businesses, Churches, Service Organizations, and Events to Benefit BACN.
Volunteering at BACN is flexible to meet your needs and schedule.
Although most of our volunteers serve weekly throughout the year, many only serve during the months they are in town. And others only volunteer for special events like food drives or annual Saturday donation days. We offer volunteer opportunities for individuals and groups.
Starting January 1, 2024, BACN’s regular volunteer shifts for Direct Service Volunteers will be:
- Monday through Thursday: 9:30am to 2pm
- Tuesday evenings: 3:30 to 7pm
- Fridays: 9:30 to 12pm
Additionally, BACN runs two three-day (Thursday through Saturday) food drives in the fall and winter at grocery stores around the area. We need many volunteers during the food drives to assist in the stores, pick-up and deliver the food to BACN, and unpack and sort food at BACN. Dates TBD.
Finally, we host three donation Saturdays each year and need assistance at BACN unloading cars and sorting donations.
If you would like to volunteer at BACN, please complete the Volunteer Application below and a staff member will reach out to you.